- Practice and learn Effective Listening
- Listening & Visualizing. Taking notes while listening, Briefing on Different Targets while listening
- Conversation between two people, monologue or a speech, conversation between a maximum of four people, monolog/ue on an academic subject, for instance, an academic lecture
The section of ‘Listening’ consists of 40 questions in total. These questions are divided into 4 sections which comprises of 10 questions each. The total time given to the candidate for completing this section is 40 minutes.
The allotted 40 minutes are divided. Candidates can attempt testing for 30 minutes and the rest of the 10 minutes can be utilized for allocating answers on the answer sheet.
Section 1 and 2 comprises of everyday social situations
- In section 1, there is a communication between two people (for example, a communication about travel plans)
- In section 2, only a single person is talking (for example, a dialogue on local amenities)
Section 3 and 4 comprises of learning and training circumstances
- In section 3, two individuals communicate with each other (for example, a communication may take place between two people under the supervision of a professor)
- In section 4, a single person talks about an educational discipline.
There is a brief introduction in every section. This introduction is about a particular circumstance and the individuals present. All recordings will be played only once. Candidates are then given few minutes to examine the questions and 10 minutes are allotted to transfer answers to the answer sheet. Candidates must be careful about grammar and spellings as they would likely lose marks for errors.
There are a variety of question types on the IELTS listening modules. Some of the examples of the questions are
- Multiple choice
- Short answer
- Making notes
- Sentence completion
- Labeling diagrams, plans and maps
- Chart completion
- Flowchart completion
- Selecting from a list
- Learn and understand the directions now. Don’t waste your time during the test to understand directions. Use the time to study the questions.
- Study the different types of questions.be prepared for what the question might ask you to do
- If you don’t know the answer. Guess it
- Take notes in your question booklet and mark answers if necessary
- When you have an extra time or a break, study the next set of questions.
- When you make assumptions ask, what? Who? Why? Where?
- The correct answers are often repeated but they will not be in plain text. They will use paraphrase and synonyms
- A lot of information given is not tested. Pay attention to the parts which have answers
- Don’t get stuck on the question, if you didn’t hear the answer, go on.
- The answers are given in order if you hear the answer for question 10; it means you missed the question 9. It would not be repeated.
- When you write a word, make sure that spellings are accurate. It doesn’t matter whether they are American or British.
- Mark your answers properly. If you are told to give a letter, do not write a word or a sentence
- Look out for speakers that correct themselves. The second statement is the one that is usually asked for
- Incomplete or shortened answers will be marked incorrect.
- Remember, answers exceeding word limits will be marked as incorrect
- Variety of accents is used. Practice listening to native speakers
- Concentrate and do not let your mind linger. Practice listening for 30 minutes
what our students say
Bonjour! Hey there! I learnt french language here… the trainers and other staff are very cooperative. Trainer mam translates language so you can get comfortable. A great great experience to learn a new language.
I joined this institute for ielts, my overall experience was very good there. The knowledge given by the teachers was very helpful to me & during training they solve thought related topic also.
Overall training quality is the best (thank you TBIL)
This is the best institute in Chandigarh for ielts as they have well qualified faculty members in their institute, they provide better services to student and also explain each module in detail and they provide master class every Saturday.