The reading module lasts 60 minutes. The reading passages and the questions will be given to you in a question booklet. You can write in the question booklet but cannot take it from the room. You will write the answers in the answer booklets. You will have only 6o minutes to read, answer the questions and mark your answers.
Reading module: Academic Reading
|60 minutes||Read 3 passages and answer 40 questions||General interest topics written for a general audience||Journals, magazines, books, newspapers|
Reading module: General Training Reading
|60 minutes||Read 3 passages and answer 40 questions||Basic social English training topics General interest||Notices, flyers, timetables, documents, newspaper articles, Instructions and manuals|
There are many types of questions used in the Reading module. You should be familiar with all these types
- Multiple choice
- Short answer
- Making notes
- Sentence completion
- Labeling diagrams, plans and maps
- Chart completion
- Flowchart completion
- Selecting from a list
Reading tips - Before taking the test
- Read as much as possible in Englishv
- Read a variety of topics from different sources
- Keep a notebook of the new words you learn
- Try to write these words in a sentence. try to put these sentences into a paragraph
- Learn words in context. Don’t be afraid to guess meanings
- Know the types of questions
- Know how to make predictions
- Know how to skim and scan, to look quickly for information
Reading tips - During the test
- Read the title and any headings first. Make predictions about the topic
- Look over the questions quickly. Make predictions about content and organizations
- Read the passage at a normal speed. Don’t get stuck on parts or words you don’t understand.
- When you answer the questions, don’t spend too much time on the ones you don’t feel sure about. Make a guess and go on
- Don’t spend more than 20 minutes on each passage
- The last passage is longer and more complex, so save more time for that
- Be sure to write your answers before the time is up
- Learn to understand true/false and yes/no questions. They are the most difficult of all.
what our students say
Bonjour! Hey there! I learnt french language here… the trainers and other staff are very cooperative. Trainer mam translates language so you can get comfortable. A great great experience to learn a new language.
I joined this institute for ielts, my overall experience was very good there. The knowledge given by the teachers was very helpful to me & during training they solve thought related topic also.
Overall training quality is the best (thank you TBIL)
I have completed A1 and A2 level language course of german at tbil thane, and the learning process was great there. Thank you tbil.
This is the best institute in Chandigarh for ielts as they have well qualified faculty members in their institute, they provide better services to student and also explain each module in detail and they provide master class every Saturday.
The whole experience was literally awesome. I really enjoy doing my training here. The best part about it was the whole process was not complicated and easy to understand.