One of the main reasons that most people love to study in Australia is because Australia is the largest island and the smallest continent in the world. It lies between the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean. The present population of Australia is approximately 22.7 million. New South Wales is the most populous of the states. As is the case almost everywhere in the world, the urban population far outnumbers the rural numbers. The Australians enjoy a very good standard of living further enhanced by a relaxed lifestyle giving equal importance to work and play. There is no dearth of educational and the employment opportunities to the right candidate and this ensures the standard is maintained.
Contact our study visa team at The British Institute of Languages & Overseas Education to know more about study in Australia as study abroad could be the first step of your international career.
Study in Australia:
Australia has the third largest number of international students behind only US & UK. Australia is their first choice of English-speaking study destination. This is because Australian qualifications are world recognized which lead to good job positions. Australia offers a very high standard of living, thus making a good place to live in.
Australia as a destination for higher study has grown in popularity because:
- It offers study options at a cost comparable to that in the US and UK whilst still maintaining a high standard of living.
- It offers a range of tuition fee bands depending on location, institution and course content. Scholarships though available often cannot be availed by internationals because they fail to meet the required profile.
- On an average, a student requires approximately AUD$ 360 per week to meet his/her rent, food, clothing, travel and incidental costs. However, individualistic needs may differ and budgets would have to be suitably worked on.
All international students going to Australia must have insurance On landing in Australia on a student visa, a student is allowed to work part time for the duration of study and can thus successfully limit the transfer of funds from India for living expenses. Learn more on study abroad from our study abroad guide blogs on IELTS, & Study VISA.
Popular cities in Australia:
- Gold coast
Best Universities of Australia:-
- Australian National University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
- University of Queensland
- Monash University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Technology Sydney
|Foundation Studies||$A12000 – $A17,000 a year Approx|
|(such as university entrance, preparatory and bridging courses)|
|Bachelor Degree||$A18,000 – $A36,000 a year Approx.|
|(such as courses in arts, business, economics and law)|
|Laboratory-based Bachelor Degree||$A17,000 – $A38,000 a year Apporx.|
|(such as science and engineering courses)|
|$A23,000 – $A40,000 a year Approx.|
|$A23,000 – $A40,000 a year Approx.|
Working while you study in Australia:
- International students studying in Australia on a student visa can apply for permission to work once they start their course
- A visa with permission to work enables you to work up to 20 hours a week on a casual basis during course time and full-time during vacation periods. If you are the family member of a student who has commenced a masters or Ph.D. course, you must bring evidence from the education provider that the student has started this course. Under certain circumstances dependents of students are permitted to work.
- Before you come to Australia, you must show that you have enough money to pay for living expenses, education costs and travel for the duration of your study.